Last Friday I had a doctor's appointment. I haven't been to a doctor since I was 19 (I'm not counting the lady bits doctor, I've been to them plenty in the past 12 years). I thought for sure they were going to tell me I had the plague, or tuberculosis, or some weird new disease that they'd name after me. Well, there was none of that. While my blood pressure was on the high side of normal, my heart checked out, and my blood work came out normal, cholesterol levels all normal too.
I do have to get a stress test and a respiratory test done. The doctor thinks the breathing issues I've been having are either asthma or anxiety. I don't go back until the end of the month, so a few more weeks of this crap (I'm having an attack right now. Not so bad that I can't function, but enough where I feel completely shitty).
I called to make my appointments yesterday and got the machine at both places. I did leave a message, per their instructions, but no call back yet. After the lunch hour passes looks like I'll be calling again.
In the meantime a friend has suggested trying Hyland's Stress Relief tablets. So far none of the stores Mark's checked at has had them. I have a feeling I'll have to order them through Amazon. Bugger.
1) Do you come up with your brightest ideas early in the morning or late at night? Late at night, laying in bed. That's when all my really awesome posts are written. Problem is I then fall asleep and when I wake up, I just can't seem to construct things in that awesome way again.
2) Are you more likely to feel romantic at night or in the morning? At night. 3) Do you shower in the morning, after work or before bed? I shower when I get the chance. Usually around noon (baby sleeping and the other two at school). 4) Billie Holiday was just 44 when she died. Is there an artist whose early demise surprised and saddened you? Two. The only two that ever made me cry when they died. Layne Staley, former singer of Alice in Chains, though not really much of a surprise. His drug problem was well known. The other Adam Yauch, aka "MCA," member of the Beastie Boys. I'm always surprised when someone dies from cancer, especially when they're young. I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but I am. :(
5) Billie was known as "Lady Day." Do you have a cool nickname? (If not, feel free to give yourself one right now.) I don't know about cool...it's H-E-H-E-R (don't read it as Heher, it's the actual individual letters. It's a long story, and one I don't completely remember all of). Some people still call me by my maiden name as well.
6) When was the last time you had the blues? Thursday.
7) Crazy Sam is eating Trader Joe's Snickerdoodles as she composes this. What's the last snack food you ate? A fun sized Kit-Kat.
8) Do you worry about preserving endangered species? Or do you believe in survival of the fittest? A little of both. 9) Would you ever hire a lawyer who runs commercials on TV? Do you know anyone who has? Probably not. I'm not one to ask people who their lawyers are, or if they hired them because of television commercials. Maybe, maybe not.
Where do I start? I don't feel like jumping in with a post where I have to post photos. My connection is slow and spotty, and the computer is slow too.
Where to start today? You should see this house, it's a humongous mess! Caused by one tiny little girl. Hanna and Quinn had no part in this disaster zone this time. There is no point in cleaning up until the tiny tornado goes down for her nap either. I tried to clean up last night, while Cora was still awake, it didn't happen. I started to put the blocks back in their bag, and who should decide they wanted to play with them? So I moved into the playroom to start putting away the toy kitchen stuff. Here comes Cora to dump out the plastic utensils I just put away. I stopped then, and then never got the energy to start again. Which reminds me, there's a load of clean wet clothes in the washer I forgot about. Nice.
Should I start with a shower? Well, seeing as I've been up for a couple hours already, I guess I started by watching VH-1 Classic and starting this post. This boring, going nowhere post. It's been 5 months, give me a break. I need to start some lists, then I'll know what to do. Who doesn't love a good list?!
So it's been a long time since I wrote a post. I had a close friend pass away in June, very unexpected and shocking,and I needed to take a break.
Then the desk top tower stopped working, and the little net book we have didn't have a space bar key, making it difficult to type anything longer than a Facebook status.
Now I have a space bar key again,and though it sticks, it's better than pushing the little suction cup thingy.
I have much to write about, Girl Scouts, pre-school, 1st birthdays, etc. etc.
Right now, though, I have to clean a little bit. For some reason after Trick-or-Treat every year the house seems to blow up.
I'll leave you with this for today.
I'm ahead of the game for Father's Day. Seems to be the only holiday where I am. I'm going to get Mark the new book by Gregg Allman, which he has mentioned he wants to read.
I'm helping the kids with their present for Mark. I found the idea on Pinterest, and it's turning out pretty good so far!
The kids painting their letters, I painted Cora's.
Hanna and I decorated the letters.
Then I took the kids outside and took a photo of each with their letter.
I think these are the photos I'll use. I may change the one of Quinn and Cora. I had to hurry with Cora's photo. I thought the letter was all dried, but it wasn't, as I found out when she started gnawing on the 'd' and then had a mouth full of pink paint. Hope Modge Podge isn't poisonous!
I'll order a print of each picture and then put it in a three photo frame, and that's his gift from the kids! I think he'll really like it!
I'll post a picture of the finished project when I get it all together.
I think I'm missing some major girly genes. I just don't seem to react to things, or like the same things I see most woman liking. Below are some examples.
1. Shoes. Yes, I like them, but I don't have a huge collection of them. A few pairs of tennis shoes, a couple pairs of Sketchers, a few dress shoes, and 1 pair of flip flops. That's it, and I'm okay with it. Not a heels girl. Only wear them to weddings and funerals.
2. Make up. I actually know a lot of women who don't worry about this so much. It's because we have small children, and who can be bothered? I wear cover up, powder, eyeliner and mascara. That's it. I had very small stints where I wore blush, eye shadow, and/or lipstick. Didn't last long. Really, I just want to slap the makeup on my face as quickly as I can and be done with it!
3. I do not cry at romantic proposals, or the like. Sure, they're nice for that particular girl, but I liked my proposal, "Want to get married?" "Sure." at a "Social Distortion" concert.Okay, he went more traditional a few months later while we were on vacation in California. Did the whole down on one knee thing and gave me a ring. I love my first proposal though.
4. I don't like romantic comedies. They're stupid. The only reason I would see one willingly is if Johnny Depp was in it. Don't see that happening any time soon.
5. Fashion. What is that? I see nothing wrong with wearing jeans, t-shirts, and tennis shoes every day. I do not get these shows that tell you you should dress up to go grocery shopping. Please tell me why I'm going to put on pumps or heels while I walk around the grocery store for 2 hours? Doesn't sound comfortable to me.
6. I do not watch Desperate Housewives, or Grey's Anatomy. I also never watched Sex and the City. I don't plan on ever watching these shows.
7. Kind of a tie in with the romantic comedies and tv shows I don't watch. I've never seen Ghost, Dirty Dancing, or The Notebook. Don't plan on watching these either.
My saving grace, that may get me into the girls' club is that I like glitter. Glitter is AWESOME!!!!
Saturday I decided to blow off house work and mow the lawn (Quinn calls the lawn mower a mow lawner, ha!). I like cutting the grass, really. After that me and the kids decided to make a secret hideout.
Jingle bells in the branches
We're not done with the secret hideout, no way! We're going to get some lattice to enclose the secret hideout, and add things to the trees and area as we see fit! I think I'm going to paint them a sign too.
Before we went in for the night we picked some wild flowers.